We hope you enjoy the first podcast below, which focuses on issues facing broadcasting, content, media and OTT businesses.
The team delve into the impact that piracy has already had on media rights, and will continue to have in 2020 and beyond. They consider the key piracy related questions being tackled by a plethora of media businesses worldwide, including:
- whether piracy will lead to a new wave of digital operators;
- whether piracy is a victimless crime;
- the impact of piracy on the value of exclusive rights;
- whether innovative technology such as biometrics and face ID might solve the piracy issue and what the impact of GDPR could be; and
- if the industry should simply be following the money?
Presenters: Richard McMorris (Head of Broadcasting), Rebecca O’Kelly-Gillard (IP Senior Associate) & Philippe Bradley Schmieg (Data Protection Associate).
Click here to listen.
Stay tuned for part two!
We’re always keen to listen to our audience and what they’d like to hear from us. If you have any suggestions for topics for future podcasts, please let us know at: MediaWrites@twobirds.com.