Richard Bush’s article, available here, examines the approach of requiring mandatory reporting of child protection and safeguarding concerns in sport, and looks specifically at:
- the pros and cons of mandatory reporting;
- the main issue for sports governing bodies to consider, including
- to which individuals should the proposed duty attach?
- what behaviour should be subject of a duty to report?
- which individuals should be protected by the proposed duty?
- whose behaviour should be subject of a duty to report?
- what level of knowledge of abuse would trigger the proposed reporting duty?
MediaWrites has also written previously on the challenges of player safeguarding, welfare, and education in esports – available here.